14:30 – 16:00
Section No 1: "Copyright and related rights. Blockchain technologies for recording, storing, and protection of IP"
- How does the blockchain help to record, store and ensure the safety of IP?
- Does the blockchain have the potential to reduce the cost of litigation and create a more reliable protection for unregistered works?
- Is it possible that decentralized blockchain registries may one day replace central registries administered by government (e.g. the U.S. Copyright Office or the Russian Authors Society)? How soon will it happen?
- Will the blockchain allow the establishing of peer-to-peer music and video distribution systems, which give artists an opportunity to sell directly to their audience?
- How can the blockchain protect IP rights in the area of arts, media and related industries?